Monday, July 23, 2018

Slowing Down...For Just A Bit

Hey Guys! If you're reading this, you are probably wondering what's going on. Well, I'm not 100% sure. I haven't been feeling well. For a few weeks now. I've been trying to figure it out. 

You see, a couple of weeks ago...I got sick at the Wednesday Lunch Market. I was on my own that day. And I barely made it home. The next day, I was in the hospital. Getting an iron infusion. And spent a solid 18 hours, laying in a hospital bed. This came, just a week after a visit to the Urgent Care. 

I'm not sure what is going on medically. I just don't feel right. I think it can be somewhat linked to the HOT weather, that we've been having. But it has scared me. If you know me personally, you know I NEVER go to the doctor. So this is serious.


Since my Mom got back from her vacation, we've been working. Trying to make items for last week. We sold 4 days. In a roll! And honestly, just trying to make it though those long days. Thursday-Saturday, our event times were from 8AM-6PM. Add in setting up, and tearing down. It was A LOT!

Then on Sunday, we had the Rail Yards Market. And I was just feeling horrible. How bad, you ask. After we set up, I slept in my chair. The ENTIRE Market! I was feeling so bad! The high temps yesterday, did not help. At all! And I barely had it in me, to help my Mom tear down, pack up, and get it all in our vehicle.

When we got home, I slept for hours, after the Market. Never woke up to eat. I just don't feel right. Dizzy. Not a 100%. It kills me to load all of our stuff. My body is just rebelling. And I have another round of blood work this week...


So we're going to take a little break.  I had been doing extra Markets. And I need to just stop. For a bit. So NO Wednesday Lunch Market for us. For a couple of weeks. I can't exactly tell you when we'll be back. Just that we will. Maybe mid-August?

As far as upcoming Market Dates...we'll be at the ABQ Downtown Growers' Market Saturday. Because we're scheduled. And probably won't return to the DGM or RYM until the week of August 11th.

I know! I'm already feeling anxious about it. I LOVE going to the Markets! Even if we have a slow day...like the last couple. I just adore getting out. Talking to customers. Hanging out with other vendors. But I NEED to take a break.


We'll take this break. From actually attending the Markets. But we'll continue to create items. For the Markets. And work on orders. There are so many items, that I've been wanting to make. And this little break, gives me some time.

I'll continue to blog. And post to our various Social Media accounts. But the actual selling at the Markets, is going to slow a bit. I just need to let my body recover. And probably figure out, what is really going on. It takes a toll, just being out and about. Especially when temps are in the high 90s...and those dreaded triple digit temps! And you know, setting up an entire store, 3-4 times a week, is just a tad bit taxing on the body.

So I'm going to curl up on the couch, with my crochet, and take it easy. Catch up on some movies. Cuddle with my pup. That kind of thing. Feel free to contact us. And send me some inspiration. I truly hope, that our customers understand. This is not normal for me. And this is not something, that I've decided on...without some sleepless nights. It's a tough decision to make. But I do promise, we'll be back. With a ton more product! I've already been working on some WIPs! ðŸ’•

No comments: