Sunday, January 19, 2020

Quick & Simple Stripe Blanket CAL: Week #1

How are you guys doing this week? It's actually been a busy couple of weeks for us. For those of you that are new, my Mom has cancer. And in the Fall was hospitalized for a month. We found out she has a couple of health issues. And the last month or so...have been challenging. The last 2 weeks have been complicated.

But she's resting. And the temperatures have been so cold this week! We had a snowstorm on Thursday. So with cold weather, I'm ready to crawl up with a blanket project. Anyone else?

To be 100% honest, winter is the ONLY time I like working on blankets. Nothing is worse than getting an order, for a massive blanket in July. So I try to make as many as possible, in January and February.

I've made a few Daisy Cottage Designs patterns in the past. I LOVE the look of them. And the patterns are so easy to follow. So when I was looking for a blanket for our CAL...I knew I had to look around DCD.


I don't know if it's this picture, the colors, or the design...but I'm in love! I haven't picked out my yarn. But that is truly a great excuse to head to Hobby Lobby this week. Besides the fact, that I need to pick up an order there. It's such a pretty design. And I can't wait to start!

This week, we'll be working on rows 1-24. That's 2 repeats of the blanket. Don't forget to print off the pattern. I'm thinking this will be a 4 week project. Something to just sit and enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. ðŸ’•

No comments: