Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Craft Fair Day

Today was our Craft Fair! We honestly had a great time. Mom and Dad set up the 2 tables. I was still on the road. But I managed to get there before the first mass got out. And I added my new crafts to the tables. We also did a little bit of baking, to go with our crafts. :)

Mom and Dad had to leave after 2 hours. We also had a Family Reunion today. So I took care of the tables by myself, for half of the Craft Fair. That happened to be the half that was the busiest! Maybe because Santa came to take pictures. But I managed. Thank goodness for a friend, who came by to chat with the people, while I made the sales. :)

I don't think all the booths did well. Mostly because lots of the items were way overpriced. I think people need to take the location and the economy into consideration. The lady next to me was selling stuff that I could find in shops, around the hospital, were I work. Mostly jewelry and scarves. Not handmade. But she had some good business. Our tables were pretty busy all day. And she was the friendliest lady!

The ladies that were across from us, they came to chat with me for a while. Neither of them sold a thing. I felt really bad. Mom really liked the shawls that one the ladies had made. Yup, we got some ideas. I think Mom is going to try and make herself one.

And the food, it sold so quickly! Our church sells breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the Craft Fair. Within 2 hours, they had completely sold out! I was getting a little concerned about Mom and I's baked goods. Then all of a sudden, we started to sell out! We even had a bit of a riot over the peanut brittle that I made. For some reason, I had such a hard time making it this time. I made a double batch. Honestly, I should have made 3 or 4 times that amount. That's how much people wanted it. I need to remember that for next time.

At the end of the day, we had a great time. I even managed to finish another scarf while I was there. I need to also remember, to make some more business cards. And to go looking for socks. I sold out of Baby Legs in minutes! I had made about 15 pairs. But that wasn't enough!

We came home with some pumpkin bread, and some cookies. But we did good. Made a good amount of money. Both Mom and I came home with $100 each, and put the rest into our stash. We use that as change for the next show. Or to buy supplies. It wasn't a bad day at all. Now I can't wait until the Craft Fair in February.

No comments: