Sunday, September 10, 2017

Hat Season Is Here!!!

Hat Season is here! In full swing. At the Growers' Markets we've definitely seen the shift. The last month, sales have been all about babies! We completely sold out of baby boy items in July. And last week, we sold all of our baby girl blankets. I'm kind tired of all things blue and  pink. So I decided to try something else, that we're in need of. HATS!

There have also been tons of sales...surrounding hats and booties. It doesn't matter what they look like. People are just in the market. I have sold about 20 sets, of hats and booties. All colors and sizes. 


So I've been making tons of these sets! TONS! I used to like the I Love This Yarn, Fan Pride. By Hobby Lobby. It was a nice way to make "Sports Themed" sets. Without having to use a bunch of colors.

I didn't know that it had been discontinued. I went to Hobby Lobby recently, and couldn't find it. When I searched the website, and eventually did a Google search, I realized it was discontinued. I'm so sad about this. Already JoAnns doesn't sell Red Heart's Team Spirit. And it NEVER goes on sale, on their website.

So I found this yarn. I can't remember what it was called. But it's by I Love This Yarn. They have 2 or 3 colors, that can sorta pass for sports team colors. I had an order for a Denver Broncos set. And this is the final product. I also bought a couple of skeins to make for the Saints. We'll see how this goes...


I've also decided to crack down on my animal hats. We've sold quite a few. And I've not really restocked. All season long! I think I've made about 3, since April. I couldn't find any of the patterns that I had previously used. So I winged it. I found some pictures, of hats I'd made in the past. And went to work.

I really like this bird pattern. To me, it looks a lot more, like a bird. For now, I'm trying to concentrate on beanies. In a bunch of different sizes. But hopefully soon, will add a few hats with earflaps.

These really are a favorite of mine. I like how every single hat, has it's own personality. Even if I make 5 of the same type of hat...they each look slightly different.


This is the only hat I made with earflaps. I sorta went off of an old pattern. But I'm not crazy about this hat. I think I would like it more, if it were a beanie. I just can't get enough of monkeys though! So I'm sure, this week, I'll be making more. 


I also hear all the time, that we don't have enough "Boy Stuff." So I decided to make all the Ninja Turtles. I don't know their names. I just know what color they are. 

I made them all different sizes. Sat down, and crochet the first green section, and the color. Then when I came back, to finish them...I ran out of green yarn! Ugh! So I just finished one. 

I still need to go get some more green yarn. But this honestly, is one of my favorites. The kids get so excited. I'm also considering a few baby items. Maybe a cocoon. Or a diaper cover set. :)


Then I decided to try a few "Seasonal Hats." The first being this Candy Corn. I thought it was so cute! I want to make a ghost, witch, Jack-O-Lantern, Frankenstein, and maybe something with a spider. I already make a black cat. And I'm considering some sort of skull.


I also made a pumpkin. It is super tiny and cute! Think newborn. Oh. My. Goodness! It is so cute. And I'm considering making one, for me. We've been helping a Farmer Friend of ours. Selling at a few Growers' Markets. How fun would this be...when the pumpkins start coming in!


Lastly, we have this 'lil apple. I think this could be my favorite. Again, it's super tiny. I was experimenting with a new pattern. But I want to make this in a bigger size. You know, Apple Season is here!

These are not the only hats, that I'm working on. I currently have, 12 hats...waiting on parts. I make a ton of beanies. Then all the parts. Then one day, I sit down and put them together. So if you follow us on Instagram, then you'll be seeing a ton of hats. Probably by the weekend. 

No comments: