Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Dia de los Muertos Crochet

It's that time of year! You know, the temps are changing. Fall begins this month! And although I wear and think about skulls all year long...this is when I start pulling everything out!

So I started going through our stash. I tend to take all of our Seasonal stuff, out of our regular containers. You know, I don't want to be hauling Santa to the Grower's Market in June. And then, when we get closer to that season, I add them to our stash.

I didn't find anything! Not a thing! Not a scarf, a skull, or a marigold. What?!?!?! Then I remembered. I took them with us, to one of our Holiday Craft Shows last year. And sold them! Every single one!

I can't even find the pictures from last year. So what am I to do? You know, I don't go off of patterns either. So I started a Google search. And came up, with so many fun projects. So many...that there will be a few posts...


I'm still on the fence, about being in the parade this year. My family gets all into it. And if it was something I knew right this second, I'd make this for me. I still might make this headpiece. I like the look. And no matter what, I'll at least paint my face. Dressing up, is 95% of the fun!


And isn't this the cutest little thing? I would LOVE to make a bunch, for the Muertos y Marigolds event. In lots of bright colors of course!


This sombrero, immediately made me think of my Compadre! He would have me make him this. And we'd sport our looks, to our Goddaughter's birthday party. Because that's how we roll!


I had just been talking to my Mom about this idea. I make a ton of animal hats. And thought something like this, would be a fun addition. Honestly, I'm going to get started on these bad boys, right away!


Last year, I made a bunch of similar scarves. All colors! They were such a good seller. And this hat, I've honestly wanted to make something similar for years. I need to get started!


This hat is another fun and simple twist...on skulls. Something fun for the kiddos. I really enjoy this look. And can manage to make a bunch...in just a short amount of time. 


Then I started thinking about marigolds. And did a quick search. Because you can't have Dia de los Muertos...without marigolds!

These baby sandals are so cute! I want to make them all year! Not just for Dia de los Muertos. 


Twinkie Chan ALWAYS has fun ideas. And this shawl, is a play on marigolds. I think this would be a fun item. You know, it's usually cool...if not cold...during the festivities. 


And where there are celebrations...I have to have buntings of some sort! I came across this marigold bunting. And just fell in love!


How about a more open marigold? This is so pretty! And I think it would make a GREAT addition to any alter or area setup, for Dia de los Muertos.


And when we talk about Dia de los Muertos...we must include Santos! I've saved quite a few pictures over the years. And I'm still on the fence. I think I never want to make something look odd. I want it to represent the Santo well. But I'm feeling like I must dive in, head first!

Here are just a few ideas, I have floating around. I've been wanting to make a bunch of more "culture rich" items for a while. To have on a regular basis. Not just trendy stuff. So I think this is a good start. Dia de los Muertos is just 2 months away!!!

No comments: