Monday, August 21, 2017

Learn to Crochet #1 Projects

Hey guys! Like I mentioned in my last post, we're starting a Learn to Crochet class. The last Tuesday of every month. If we need to do it more often, we will. In October. And I'm trying to put together a Sunday afternoon class. I've had a TON of people, request something on the weekend. 

Back to our TCH Learn to Crochet class. I want to teach you something easy. So you don't get discouraged. But something that you will enjoy. I've come up with 5 options. At the end of the post, leave me a comment. With your favorite idea. The one with the most comments, will be our first project!


Option 1: Granny Square Potholders. This option will lead to Option #5. Keep that in mind. I always have people asking me about the Granny Square. It's simple! And can be used in a variety of patterns. After learning the chain...this was my first real "pattern" to learn. A potholder is also useful. And an easy gift to make. Think upcoming holidays...


Option 2: Earwarmers/Headband. As I was making this...all I could think of, was Fall! To make this option, it's all about learning tension. Super fast project. You can leave the band thick, with no cinching. Or even making a skinny headband.

Honestly, I added all the projects from this post, to our Market Stash. But this one...I just couldn't! I'm keeping this one for me. And praying that the weather changes soon...


Option 3: Cell Phone Holder. This is another item, I'm always asked about. I honestly, never thought about it...until I started getting 10+ requests a day! Super easy and quick. And you can customize it, to your liking.

Honestly, I'm not into the long strap...personally. And I finally got around to making one for myself. Without the strap. But with a button. To close the top.


Option 4: Easy Scarf: I know! It's still a million degrees outside! But if you are learning to crochet...you will soon be considered a crafter. That being said, crafters usually think a season ahead. So making a scarf, isn't too crazy!

Again, you can customize this pattern. Have a favorite sports team...use their colors. Don't like the fringe? Skip it! Add a border instead. This is also another great option...for gift giving.


Option 5: Granny Square Blanket. After learning the basic Granny Square...you can turn it into a variety of items. Like a blanket. :)

In this picture, I'm showing a blanket for a doll. It's roughly, double the size of the potholders. And probably took me, an hour to make. This same idea, can be turned into a baby blanket. Or any size of a blanket, that you want to make.

Don't forget to comment with your favorite project. Monday night, I'll count up the comments. And post our project on Facebook.

Also, don't forget to pick up a skein of yarn. Or 2. Depending on the colors you want to use. I prefer Red Heart's Super Saver. And a crochet hook...or 3! Buying the 3 pack from Boye is probably your best option. With sizes G, H, and I. The supplies should cost you, under $10. Hope to see you Tuesday!

No comments: