Monday, July 2, 2018

The Week of Toys

Hi everyone! How is your Monday going? Ours, is a little on the shaky side. Our car is down. It happened on the way home from church yesterday. Luckily, we weren't at the Market yesterday. That could have been a disaster!

Anyhow, we had a week, heavy in toys! Because we were seriously low!!! I can't believe how quickly sales go, when it comes to our little toys. It makes me excited. And a bit nervous. All at the same time. Because sometimes we just can't keep up. But here are the items we were able to make this week. :)


I 100% concentrated on these sweet girls! We had so many, just a couple of weeks ago. And I was down to just one, on Sunday. So I spent my week, making all the little parts. And putting them together. I just LOVE me a cradle purse!

To be honest, I also have a bag large Ziplock bag, full of more parts! Enough for another 5. I just need to make the main body. The white part. But I'm trying to stay ahead of the game. Which can be difficult, at the height of the Season.


My Mom also focused on toys this week. She just LOVES to make these little pigs. And they are pretty popular as well. The littles are always calling them Peppa and George.


She also managed another two. We sell them individually. But I'm thinking of buying a couple of Peppa the Pig books. And adding in a Peppa and George. To sell together.


My Mom also made another duck. She made quite a few last week. And had one more, to put together. I just need to put a ribbon on it.


Again, I need to put a ribbon on this gal. My Mom made another giraffe. These toys, have to be one of our best sellers. And we can't keep up with them. I've been trying to help my Mom. She lays the patterns. I cut them out. And then she sews them.


These little guys...well I didn't know how to take the pictures. I have had SO MANY requests for these guys. They're car cup coasters. So they go inside of your drink holders, in your car. The circle fits right inside.

From what I have been told, it helps to keep your car drink holders clean. Like if you have a spill, then you just take these little coasters out. And wash them. Instead of having a HUGE mess!

So I sat down a few weeks ago. And made a bunch of them. I think there are 26 sets. And then I threw them in a basket. And forgot about them. I literally, just needed to hide the ends. So I sat down on Friday...and did just that. Here I have the warm colors.


And the cool colors. I think these are my fav! And I've been considering, making some for our own vehicle.


And here, I have some neutral ones. I ALWAYS save my scraps, from other projects. And a project like this, is perfect to use those scraps up! 

People don't believe me, when I tell them...we rarely have any yarn that doesn't get used up. We save our scraps and use them for amigurumi, projects like this, or little adornments for hats and scarves. 

I have some other projects that I've been working on. I just haven't finished them up. I have stacks of objects to put together. Literally, I just need to spend one entire day, sewing projects together. Maybe next week! 💕

No comments: