Saturday, November 20, 2010

When I Was Little


When I was little, I had a 3 or 4 foot Christmas tree. It was mine. And I'd set it up in my bedroom every year. I'd decorate it. From top to bottom. I really loved that tree.

Well, when I moved out on my own, it was one of the things I took with me. My little Christmas tree. It never seemed so small in my bedroom. But in my house, it looked tiny! I didn't care. That first year, I set it up on one of my coffee tables.

Unfortunately, that was the last year I had my darling little tree. The next year, I found it broken. I guess it was to be expected. I'd had the tree for over 19 years! But I still had the ornaments. My Mom had made them all for me. Including the garland. She had crocheted me a bunch of ornaments for my 1st Christmas. Well, since then, I've had small Christmas trees. I've never ventured out and bought a normal sized tree.

But I've always dreamt of having a large Christmas tree in my living room. Filled with crochet ornaments. You know, to add to all the special ones that my Mom made me 27 years ago! I'm not sure if this is the year or not, but I've started to make some more ornaments. And a snowflake garland. I can't wait until I get that special Christmas tree. :)

No comments: