Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Behind the Scenes: Part 2

So guys, all these things I told you yesterday...still upset me. But in some ways, maybe this is a push to start something bigger.


I really do enjoy vending at the DGM and the RYM. But if it's a hostile place...maybe it's time to move on. I know we still have a few weeks to find out if we're RYM vendors...my hopes are not too high. I'm just being honest here. It's basically the same people, who jury both Markets.

For all our amazing customers who reached out...Thank You! I'm not sure what you can do. Last year we were "wait listed" at both Markets. At the DGM, after about a month...we sold weekly. The entire season at the RYM...I think we sold 2 or 3 times. So who knows.

Last year when we weren't scheduled...I had tons of customers emailing, calling, and texting me. Guys, it's not me. It's not my decision. And like I said last year...you have to ask the Market staff. Because I don't know. They don't really tell us anything.

You guys are the customers. And you have to be the ones, speaking up. This is your Market. And without you...the Markets are nothing. But a bunch of vendors. If there are vendors that you'd like to see...speak up. I'm not the only vendor in this position.

There was so much more to add yesterday. Like those people who kept turning us in...they'd come and take pictures of all of our items. I'd see them taking notes of our products. Guys, it takes a lot to build a business. And an inventory like we have. I research online. I buy patterns and books. I do testing for designers. I design my own products. The kids give me ideas...that I have to make come to life. Most of all, we work 7 days a week!

So it's pretty heart crushing to know, there are fellow crafters out there, trying to take your business down. Market life is not easy. There's a lot of work that goes into it. You see me on FB and Insta...promoting the Markets. I try and highlight other vendors. I want to help build up everyone's business. Not tear it apart.

And sometimes I think people who haven't done this, have no clue how much work is required. I HATE that other vendors were essentially "stealing" my Mom's ideas. And by the end of the season, there were a number of people making the same items. Guys, we all have great ideas! Don't go stealing other people's ideas.

What's in our future? I'm not a 100% sure yet. I'd love to say, there was a great mistake made. And we'll be selling this year. Because it is 95% of the fundraising that we do for our foundation. But I don't know. I've sold at other Markets. In other cities. Maybe this summer, I'll try that again. For the last 3 months, I've been selling on Facebook. So anything is a possibility!

But I'm really not sure. We'll continue to make things. Maybe for a few months, I'll concentrate on things that I enjoy making. Because when you get stuck in the Market Schedule...for months and months...I'd find myself making items that didn't completely bring me joy. But I did it, because they were what sold.

I'm just glad this happened now. I was about to invest in some signage, new business cards, and new equipment. We're in the middle of a rebrand of sorts. Like a new tent, chairs, and shelving. We were going to do things different this year. Glad I hadn't quite made that investment.

Lastly, to our customers, Thank You! For everything. We're still here. If you need anything. I'm ALWAYS here if you want to order anything. I can meet you around town. Thank You for your wonderful smiles. And your great support. You guys, are honestly the reason we kept going. ðŸ’•

No comments: