Friday, February 21, 2020

What We Made #8

This week, I feel like I've been slacking. I feel like I've lost my CroJo. Part of it, has been my Mom's health issues...over the last 10 days or so. And part...because of this situation. That whole thing, actually got worse, when I read an email response this morning. Ugh! I'm just over it!

Another thing is, we don't always post our finished products. Because I'm trying to stash them away for an upcoming event. For example, I know have 15+ Market Bags. That I was saving for the DGM. I've been making 1 or 2 a week. About 2 months before Dia de los Muertos, I'll stash away our skull and marigold items. It just a thing that I do. So we have enough product for various events that we do. 

Oh, and I'm not sure if you know...I do pattern testing. For various independent designers. And sometimes, they don't want the product made public. So I have to hide out some of those projects...until they are ready to release their patterns. I completed a bunch of those type of projects...over the last 2 weeks. 

But those sorts of things...and repeat orders...mean I don't have many new pictures. And when I sit down to write these posts, I think...wow, you haven't made anything this week. What have you been doing?

Which isn't true. But it feels that way. For example. 2 weeks ago, I was working on our beanies. For a beanie swap. My Mom had gotten sick, so I also made hers. I probably should have shared them last week...but I didn't send them out until Saturday. So here they are. 


This is one of the beanies I made. With some goodies that I sent out. I probably should have taken a picture of just the hats...but I forgot! I used Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn for this one. And my swap buddy really liked it!


This beanie was made with Red Heart yarn. I still haven't heard from my swap buddy. And haven't gotten my hat. So I'm not sure.


My Mom has been under the weather. So I managed to make hers. And took this picture. So she could see what I made. I used some I Love This Yarn that she had picked out.

All three hats, are made with a new pattern. And I really like it! Gosh, I can't remember the name of it...or the designer. But I bought the pattern at the end of last year. On Ravelry. During all the sales.

Now I want to make a bunch of these. In all different colors. If I can remember correctly, there were a variety of sizes on this pattern. It's super comfy. And has a ton of space. In this picture, I had a messy bun hidden under the hat.


I had also been working on these guys. Actually 5 of the smaller guys. And this larger Yoda. I really like him. It was a lot more complicated. And I was super excited to deliver it. Which never happened...


My Mom got into the pattern testing game too. I think she was going a little crazy...being sick in bed. She actually reached out to the designer before she got sick. And when it came time to submit her work...she was sick.

But she had tested the pattern. And I gave her a few suggestions. Since I'm the one that usually makes the play food. I think the designer liked the modifications that I suggested...and my Mom made. We know have a dozen jam cookies! I think my Mom did great for her first test!


A couple of pictures up, I said how I had made some new Yodas. I had a lady reach out to me on FB. I made the one I always make, and then tried this bigger guy. Because she needed the Yoda to both have legs...and clothes. The baby Yodas that I make, have legs. But just a diaper. And my usuals, have a robe...but no legs.

So I did some searching. And modifying to another pattern. And came up with this guy. I happened to post it on FB and got another order. So I whipped another one up. Let's stop here a minute...he actually takes a while to make. I can make about 3 of the ones in the tan robe...in a day. This guy took a solid day. And I was stressed.

Not because of my skill level. More because of the time. It was a rush order. And then I NEVER heard back from the person when I was done! I know. Sometimes I want to shot myself in the foot.

I'm also charging almost double the price for this bigger guy. Remember I said my Mom had been under the weather? Well, things got a little nuts. And when I reached out to everyone...I was stuck with both big Yodas. And about 4 of the ones in the tan robes. On a positive note...the 2 ladies who I delivered to yesterday, we're all so excited!

What are you going to do? I mean, I understand if you changed your mind. But a few of the people...acted like I was selling them for $2. And then hit them with the price. I'm just going to add them to our stash. I'm sure I'll sell them to someone else.


This last picture, was a very last minute order. Sort of. I made it over a month ago. And kind of lost contact with the lady who was buying them. She's from the East Coast. And wasn't actually here. But I was supposed to deliver them to her son. I kind of never heard back from her. So I took them to our last Craft Show. And sold them!

Then I thought better of it. Just had a feeling, and I remade them last night. Along with that baby Yoda. For another customer. To be honest, I had about 5 baby Yodas. That all need to be delivered today. It was a busy day yesterday!

FB Marketplace is great to sell stuff. But just like the bigger Yodas...things happen. I've had a ton of orders. Some people who took a little longer to decide to pick them up. Some that ghosted me. But for the most part 80% of my FB customers have been amazing!

Running around town...not so much. And the people who decide to not answer when their orders are ready, are also tough. I have about 6 hats. Just waiting for someone to claim them. But I think it comes with the territory. I've met some amazing people doing this. And I'll continue to do it. Because eventually, I'll sell these items. 

So there's our week. In stuff that we made. With a few test items, waiting for the designers to give the go ahead. But I'm just not motivated to make stuff. I know I need to get my CroJo back. But to be honest, I've felt this way for a few weeks now. I just need to work on a project for me. Something I'm super excited about! ðŸ’•

No comments: