Sunday, February 16, 2020

Desert Winds Scarf CAL: Week #1

I was a little  stumped about our next CAL. I didn't know what you guys wanted to make. If I should look for a big project...or something small. Should it be for kids. Maybe something festive.

So I took to Facebook. And overwhelmingly, I got a quick project. Something for Spring. Something that a beginner could make.

After a little digging, I found the Desert Winds Scarf. Guys I'm in love! And we'll have a cute scarf in 2 weeks!


Just grab the pattern. And 1 Caron Cake. Basically, you just need 315 yards of WW yarn. If you don't want to use a cake, you could grab some Red Heart SS, I Love This Yarn, or Mainstays Yarn.  Don't forget your H hook.

I think this would be perfect to wear in Spring. Or around the here...you could probably wear it now. Our weather is all over the place!

So for the first week, we are going to work the increase. It's basically repeating the same 2 rows. For whatever yarn you are going to use, don't go over half of what you have. The other half of the skein will be used to work the decrease. So if you decide you want a larger scarf, you will need more yarn. I can't wait to see what kind of yarn everyone chooses! 💕

No comments: