Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Craft Lighting

I don't know about you. But I craft morning, noon, and night. I'm not lying!!! I have been a caregiver for about 7 1/2 years now. I had a completely different career before. And I would only crochet as a hobby.

These days, it has turned into a business for us. And honestly, a way to pay the bills. But at night, it's so hard to see. I avoid all dark materials. At all costs!

We live in an old house. 100+ years old. It's adobe. And the lighting is horrible! During the day, it's great. Open the curtains, and get to work. But at night, ugh!

So I've been researching lamps. I mean, we have your standard lamps. A floor lamp from our local furniture store. And a couple of table top lamps. But our overhead lighting...it's horrible!

Have you taken a look at lamps? Lately? How about craft lamps? They are expensive!!! But I was thinking, with a Joann's coupon...it's not too bad. So I got on Joann's website and did a little search. Here's what I found...


This is an OttLite Dawson LED Floor Lamp. Right now, it's on sale for $74. I like the simplicity. But at the same time, I feel like I can find something similar at Walmart or Target.


This lamp is an OttLite Dual Head Floor with Tablet Stand. It's currently on sale for $120. And I like that it has a stand for my tablet. More and more, I'm saving patterns on my tablet. And not printing them out. This would be a nice little number. You could even put use the stand for a printed pattern. I just think this one, is a good idea. And honestly, my favorite of the bunch!


The 24w 3-in-1 Craft Floor Lamp has lots of useful options. For $140, you get a few different things. There is the light. And a magnifier lens. There is also a clip, on a gooseneck. To attach your patterns and such. This is nice. But I wish it had some sort of shelf. 


The Daylight Flexi-Vision Floor Lamp is a little pricey. $200. And there are no bells or whistles. So to speak. Basically, it's a lamp. A heavy duty daylight lamp. I'm not too anxious to purchase this guy.


This lamp is my FAVORITE!!! Also the most expensive of the bunch. $287. But to me, it has everything you could need, as a crafter. It looks nicer. As in, goes with your home decor. The goosenecks. I LOVE the craft shelf. Sorta wish it had more of a tablet shelf. There's a magnifier lens. And a clip for patterns.

You have the option to put the wheels on. Or leave them off. I like that! Because I would leave the wheels off. I really do like this lamp. Any friends or family reading this...I have a birthday coming up. All Joann Giftcards are welcome! ;)

I don't know about you guys, but I really do need a lamp. I also need my own Craft Room. My Mom has a Sewing Room. And I've been considering a little redecorating. An addition of a comfy chair, some good lighting, and storage. We have a room that we don't really use. It's kind of the "Catch All Room." So who knows... 💕

No comments: