Monday, January 1, 2018

Sweet November Shawl

Happy 2018! I hope everyone had a fun and safe night. My Mom and I went out for dinner and ice cream. Then spent the night watching movies and crocheting. Y'all everyone but me, was asleep by 9PM. I managed to finish a couple of more hats!


But we're not here to discuss that. Not today. We're here to talk about CAL #1! The Sweet November Shawl. As I hinted to yesterday, I've made this a bunch of times! Like a ton. I've never once sold them. Just made them for my friends and family. But I thought it would be a fun project to begin 2018 with.

I don't know about you. But here it has been unseasonably warm. Like 15 degrees warmer than normal. That might be, why I never got into the holiday spirit this year. But I haven't wanted to tackle a ton of wintery projects. This is something, that you can use 3 seasons a year. And it works up so fast!

Here's a couple of things. I always use Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn. I buy 2 skeins. I never use more than 7 oz. It just depends on how large you want to make this. I also like to lean on the side of having more yarn...and not running around trying to find the same color to finish up a project. If you are using a varigated yarn, remember there is always less yarn in these skeins. But I always buy 2 skeins. Because Hobby Lobby is on the other side of town. And I'm generally finishing a project last minute...in the middle of the night.

Once I made this, using Red Heart Super Saver. It doesn't really change a whole lot. I think I used slightly more than 1 skein. And the shawl/scarf laid a little differently. It was a bit more bulky and stiff. Something maybe you'd wear in Winter. But not Spring.

I can make one, in a sitting. Put on a good movie or two, and let me work. It ALWAYS takes more time to cut and attach the fringe...than making the shawl. ALWAYS!!! But I want to take it easy on everyone. I think we are all still recovering from the holidays. So we'll take 3 weeks to make this project.

Friday we'll begin. With rows 1-20. We'll work this section from January 5th-11th. Until then, print the pattern and get your yarn. I think I'm going to try something new. I bought some Big Twist at JoAnns. During the crazy yarn sale this week. I'm going to make it in a dusty pink. See you Friday!!! ðŸ’•

No comments: