Thursday, January 4, 2018

Inspired to Be Organized

So I don't know about you. But when January rolls around, I ALWAYS have this deep desire to organize my life. Especially my crafty life. How about you? I think, all of a sudden, that every piece of craft supplies...needs a place.

Actually, for about 2 years now, I've wanted to make a space like this. My Dad passed away in March 2015. And by January 2016, I was ready to convert our old dining room. Into a craft room. It was a space we didn't really use. And it needs so much love!

You see, I take care of my Mom now. She got sick, almost immediately after my Dad's passing. We are the "Two Crafty Hearts." And we craft so much! Not just crochet. Although, that is what we focus most of our crafty energy on.

Our home is an old house. One that has been added to, remodeled, and is a little funky in layout and function. So we have this room. That was our dining room. It's purpose now? Well, that is tough to say.

My Mom's sewing table is in there. So are some shelves with craft supplies. Our large freezer. The dogs' food supply. And some containers with our "Craft Stash." It's somewhat organized. But not the most inspiring of places. I'd like to change that. Along with getting us organized.

So I took to good 'ol Google. And did a search. Just to pull up some images. I know, I could have found better on Instagram or Pinterest. But y'all, I'd still be lost over there. Probably looking up recipes or Summer crafts. Because that's what happens on those pages. So let's take a look at what I found...


I adore this frame! My Dad actually bought us, about 6 peg boards. About a year before his passing. Our local K-Mart was closing. And he wanted to buy some shelves. For his business. While we were waiting to talk to a manager, my Mom spotted the peg board.

It's sitting behind a bench. In our porch. One piece, keeps our dogs in the kitchen, when we need them to be in that space. Did we ever make a display for our crafts? No we didn't. This would be a nice use of that pegboard.

I'm thinking more for hanging tools, scissors, that sort of thing. Maybe a place for small baskets. Nothing too crazy. Or complicated. Just a space, to have things handy.


Isn't this the BEST??? I think it is! I adore those thread holders. My Mom has some built into her sewing table. And some smaller ones, in her sewing room. But nothing like this. I wonder where you'd find these...

As far as the buttons and ribbons. I swear to you, when I lived alone, my supplies was like this. Organized. Displayed for me to see. When I was working on a project, I could be inspired by my supplies. I had Mason Jars filled with buttons. Sorted by color. My ribbon, all hung like this. I used wooden dowels, and eye hooks.

We NEED to do this. Especially for my Mom's sewing projects. It just makes life so much easier! I think a couple of shelves, dowels, eye hooks, jars, and racks...could accomplish this!


This is the picture that got me started. I seen it on Facebook. I like the re-purposed furniture. I LOVE that it is white. And that there is open shelving. I just like the idea, of having my craft supplies, be the stars. You know, be the accessories of the room. 

Everything has it's place. From the hanging baskets, to the boxes. And all those cute containers. I just adore this picture! It's eclectic. But is still very visually pleasing. 


In this picture, I like the idea of all the storage. I once did interior design. Mostly for friends. But it was so much fun! When I look at this picture, I want to go to Lowe's. And buy cabinets. You know, the box type. They are a lot more affordable. I want to take them home, hang them, and paint them white. Total bonus, if they have glass!


There are so many things that I like about this picture. I like how they reused a kitchen table and chairs. I adore all of the cube storage. And the idea, that everything is white! For real. This picture inspires me. And the chandelier, just makes me smile. It's like jewelry for the room. Do you want me to tell you, about all the chandeliers I had in my home?


I like the idea of the open shelving. And the white furniture. It would be a perfect place to put all of our colorful supplies. I like the idea of keep all the furniture and rugs, black and white.

It makes the space feel open. And ready to be creative. I adore this chair as well. I'd like to find us something comfy like this. In a fun color. Craft rooms are supposed to be fun and colorful. A place to inspire creativity. 


I like this shelving. Here they are showing power and paint. But I think this would be a nice idea, for yarn. I like how you can color code your stash. And see it all. I mean, I wouldn't be able to put our entire stash here. But it would be a nice start. :)

These are just a few ideas. I wish I could completely redo this room for us. And then organize my Mom's sewing room for her. It's all in the plans. You know, 2018 just started. I have 12 months to at least get started. ðŸ’•

No comments: