Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Inspired By the Love of Friends

My friends and family inspire me. Craft wise, they're always sending me pictures, dreaming up ideas, and tagging me on social media. I LOVE it!!! Some times, I get overwhelmed. Like when I had 800 tags for that heart blanket on Facebook. Ya, I don't have time to make all those...

But honestly, some of our best selling products...come from our loved ones. They'll see something, need something, or dream something up. Once I've made it...I fall in love. And so many people want those items!!!

I also run new items by our loved ones. Make something for a birthday present. Try out a new idea. Have the littles play with some toys. That kind of thing. I'm telling you, try it! Especially if you don't have littles of your own. :)

In the last few weeks, I've gotten many pictures. Some I have saved on Facebook. Because quite a few of us belong to a "Secret Group." And the settings don't allow you to save the pictures...or even share them on your page. I still haven't figured out how to save them. But I know they are there. And I use them for inspiration.

Here are a few of my favorite pics, that I've gotten via text. They're all Valentine's Day related. Many have to do with the littles. Because most of my friends have littles...as in younger than 10.


I almost died when I saw this! One of my really good friends, just had her baby girl. She has 2 little guys. And was so excited, when she found out she was having a girl. Since the Fall, I've been making so many things for her. She's ordered a ton of things from us! And in the 5 days prior to baby girl coming...I might have stayed up all night working on orders. Baby props and such.

But this is just adorable!!! And looks so simple to make. My friend asked if I could make one. By Valentine's Day...baby girl will only be 2 1/2 weeks old! I already made a pink heart blanket for her. As in, shaped in a heart.

So I think this will be adorable to add! I need to get working. So I can send it off this week. It might take an hour or so. But I think this is something I should add to the regular. :)


My same girlfriend, sent me this picture. At Christmas time. I had recently whipped up a similar Christmas set. With a matching diaper cover. And she asked me to make this. In pinks. With a cute diaper cover. I have it started. But I HATE having to change the colors at every single row. But I'll have it done!


Another one of my girlfriends, knows how to crochet. I taught her about 10 years ago. Before she had kids. She now has 2 girls and a boy. She will tell you, that she is still at a beginner level. No, she is past beginner. In fact, she and I have hosted a number of CALs together. :)

But she is a lot slower than me. Hello! 3 kids will do that! She sent me this picture, asking me to make these for her kids. I'm almost positive that this is an Etsy pattern. I just haven't had the time to look. But I will...


Another friend of mine, has all girls. And asked if I could make each one...a box of chocolates. Different colors though. What a cute idea! I sorta hope, I can find a pattern. I know I can wing it. But a pattern will help make these cuties...a heck of a lot quicker!


This little game, was something I was sent by other friend. Who has 6 little ones...and two on the way. She was wanting a couple off these, for when they go out. Like to dinner and such.

She's looking at this game, as something to keep them entertained. And something that's not too loud. She said it doesn't matter the color. Because my friend wants her kids to use this for a while.

I know there has to be a pattern somewhere. But I think it's simple enough to wing. 2 small squares...in single crochet. A little stitching. And some hearts. Easy enough!


That same girlfriend is expecting twins. As in, any day now! They were a total surprise. Her and her hubby were done having babes. She had her tubes tied and all! Then she got pregnant. With twin girls!!!

Needless to say, she had given away, most of their baby stuff. And now, is in need. But she ordered these hats. For her sweet baby loves. I like how the hearts become sorta like little ears.

I'm also thinking up some sort of diaper cover. I have a few days. But I can't wait to see the babes in these. I think they will be so cute!!!


Another friend, sent me this picture. He's a fire fighter. Has 3 little girls. And now, has the sweetest little boy. That was born, last Spring. I had already made his girls, some cute Valentine's Day hats. 

But he was looking for something, for his little guy. We agreed on this hat. I want to try and crochet the heart. I saw something a while back, that was a heart with cross bones behind it. Like a "biker" kind of embellishment. So I'm going to try that.

Because Love Day, isn't just for girls. Boys should have fun too! It's just a little difficult for me to find inspiration for the boys. How about you?


My little Goddaughter, loves her some Holiday Garlands. I blame myself. I am always making her one, and sending it to her. She is always into celebrating the holidays, decorating, and putting up some garlands.

She asked me to make her one of these. No problem. Who doesn't love a good pom pom? I just don't like making them. Maybe I can make the balls. And have my Momma fluff them. She makes the prettiest pom poms!

And I might have to make one for me. I told you, it's my fault she likes garlands. They are my weakness. And I just think it would be a fun decoration!


Funny thing about these coasters...I've had them on my list...for like 5 years. I came across this picture and kept wanting to make them. Never getting to them. But now, a friend has requested 7 sets. For the ladies in her life. 7 different colors. 

I have a long list of things to get through. So many orders! So little time. But I am so inspired by all these pictures. And so grateful, that these ladies turn to me. I can create amazing things for them. And their families. And of course, it helps my Momma and I!

What inspired you as a crafter? Your little ones? Family, friends, crochet groups? How about patterns and books? I'd love to see your inspiration too! 💕

No comments: