Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Cute Crochet Reads

I wanted to talk about crochet books and magazines today. I'm constantly searching at Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Wal-Mart, and Barnes and Noble. I also spend a lot of time searching Amazon, Etsy, and eBay for fun books.

It should be known, that I LOVE to make toys. It's my favorite thing to make. And I'm always looking for new patterns. And new designers. If you have a favorite, please leave it in the comments. :)

With that being said, I like to try new things. New designers. New patterns. New toys. Here are a few of the books, I've recently had my eye on...


Everything about this book, says fun!  I want to make every project in this book. I haven't seen it in person. Only on Barnes and Noble. I wouldn't mind getting this book now, and making ahead for next Holiday Season.


These Zoomigurumi books are my favorite! There are a ton of them! I've managed to pick up a few, at Joann's. Using a coupon...you can get them for almost nothing. Like a third of the price. I'm not lying. I think we have 2 or 3 in the series. All the toys are just too cute to make. I just wish my local stores carried more of them.


These Care Bears are too fun too! I remember this book, from years ago. I was in college. And would "visit" it at least once a week. Hobby Lobby was about 2 minutes from my home. But I never seemed to have extra money at the time.

By the time I could afford it, and the Winnie the Pooh book, they no longer sold them. And it made me so sad. I still think about these books. And search for them. Whenever I'm online. I am yet, to come across them...for less than $30 a piece!!!


Ana Paula Rimoli has been my favorite pattern writer. For years and years! I made my first Etsy purchase...at her shop. I don't think she sells patterns any longer. All of her patterns are in books now. And I have the first three.

I can still remember finding her shop. And wanting every single pattern that she offered. I bought 3. And she gave me 2. The first time I got a large paycheck...and extra spending money...I bought all her patterns. I emailed her beforehand. And she gave me an incredible deal! I might have also been gifted a book or two. ;)

This book looks like so much fun! With bigger projects. Something that I'd now make, for family and friends. Oh how fun! I need to go look for this book!


Ana's other new book...seems to have a lot of her OG patterns. I have most of these as files. But would 100% buy this book. To have everything in one place. Easy to access when needed. 

Can you see why I LOVE Ana's patterns? They are so cute! With her patterns, I went from making crochet blankets...to the fun stuff. Her patterns are so easy to read. The projects are completely adorable! Her patterns...changed my life!


I'm 100% a magazine reader. In fact, when my friends asked me what I wanted for Christmas a couple of years ago...I asked for magazine subscriptions. I'm so lucky, that they gift me, my favs for my birthday or Christmas.

But since Red Heart discontinued their magazine a few years ago...I haven't subbed to any Craft Magazines. But this one...is calling my name! Where do I find it? Because Joann's only has cute knit amigurumi magazines.


This is another cute magazine. That I wouldn't mind being subscribed to. I saw a couple of covers, during my search. All the patterns look too cute! I think these 2 magazines are probably from the UK. But I'd still like to receive them.

I would love to hear what you've got your eye on. Or what your favorite magazine, book, or leaflet is. I like to try a little of everything. Hope I've inspired you a bit. 💕

No comments: