Friday, May 25, 2012

Nothing Says Summer Like...

To me, nothing says summer like s'mores. Nothing! It wasn't a "tradition" in my family. Nope! But when I was about 5, my grandparents moved to the mountains. It was heaven! For the entire family. Weekly, we'd go visit. I'd spend entire summers with them. And because my grandma LOVED to fish, many hours were spent at the lake.

We always had a little fire going, at sunset. My grandma would be making coffee, on the open fire. And I'd go find a stick. I'd sit there, roasting my 3 marshmallows. It was my perfect end, to all those perfect days. With my grandparents at the lake!

When I was in middle school, I started going to summer camp. For music. It wasn't all summer long. But it was glorious! This is where, I learned about s'mores. I know! I had a rough childhood. It took until I was 11 years old, to discover s'mores!!!

Well, I sorta kept my little secret, to myself. Until 4 or 5 years ago. I'd buy Hersey bars, graham crackers, and marshmallows. The beginning of summer heat, meant I needed these things! It was that one thing, I just loved to share with my Goddaughters. It didn't matter, that I had to use the BBQ grill to toast our marshmallows. :)

I also finally made my parents s'mores. I think it was 3 years ago. My Mom LOVED them! My Dad, I think he thought I was nuts. But I sat there, over the stove, toasting marshmallows. And we enjoyed our little treat.

Well, this week, I needed a bit of a "pick me up." I spent all day Monday, in the hospital. Dealing with some health issues. Things I'd been ignoring for far too long! And I'd been feeling bad. Not really wanting to do anything. Which isn't good, when you're getting paid, to make people happy. I'm telling you, in general, musicians are a happy bunch of people. But some days, that smile, is just another part of the costume...

So I was pleasantly surprised, when my friends had a fire going. And all the makings of s'mores. Yum! That smile, wasn't fake. And it's been plastered across my face, ever since. Yes, my friends now how, to cheer a girl up. :)

As my Goddaughters were so excited, covered in sticky, yummy goo, I got an idea. Can I turn s'mores into some amigurumi fun? I took to Google. And I came up with this picture...


So cute!!! But another broken link, when I tried to find the source. :( Have you seen this picture before? Or know where I can find the pattern? I searched Ana's blog. To me, these look a lot like her patterns. No luck! I searched Etsy, eBay, and Ravelry. No luck!

I think these will be perfect, for the itty bitties in my life. I just need to find the pattern. If you have any idea, where I can find this pattern, please leave me a comment. I'd really appreciate it. Oh, and don't forget to enter our giveaway!

No comments: