Friday, May 11, 2012

Whimsical Book Necklace

One thing, that you probably don't know about me, is I'm a HUGE reader! As in, I read 5 books a week. For fun! That have nothing to do with school! I've been like this, since I was a little girl. You see, when I was little, nothing was better than the week, that the Book Fair rolled into our school library.

My oldest Goddaughter is also a BIG fan of reading. And crafting. Lots of time, she finds a project. Then her dad takes her shopping for the supplies. And I go help her. I've been teaching her how to sew. She's pretty good at crochet. And we've tried our hand at jewelry making. It's a fun thing that we share. Not only do we craft together. But she also has someone to talk to. That's what I enjoy the most!

Recently, she sent me this picture. Well, her dad did. And asked me, if I thought we could make these. I said we could. A fun book necklace! It got my heart racing a bit. :) And now, we have one little project planned. Before my Goddaughter and her daddy leave for the summer.


Honestly, my brain has been in overdrive! I just can't wait to make myself a necklace. I'm that much of a nerd! Or a bookworm. However you want to put it. And of course, I'm looking forward to some quality time, with my Goddaughter.

No comments: